Community Support/Applying for a Donation
Requesting an In-Kind or Silent Auction Donation
One of the ways we offer support to each store’s community is by donating in-kind donations to small, local organizations and groups that are nearby. In 2019 alone, we donated to 850 local organizations and gave away over $56,000 of ice cream, merchandise, and gift cards!
Ice Cream donations are intended for groups of 100 people or less and will include cups, spoons, napkins, and ice cream scoops along with the ice cream. Everything must be picked up by someone from your group at a date and time of your choice that we will schedule with you in advance. Gift Cards or other raffle/auction items will be mailed to you directly.
If you would like J.P. Licks to donate an item to your fundraiser or group, please check out the below qualifications:
1. The event you are requesting a donation for must be at least a month away.
2. Your group or organization must give back to or support your local community in some way.
3. If you are having a fundraiser, that money should benefit your local community as well (Sorry, no giant corporations or nationwide organizations!)
When accepting a donation, you agree to:
1. Tag us in any applicable social media posts (@jplicks on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook)
2. For ice cream donations, you will be asked to display a sign recognizing that the ice cream has been donated by J.P. Licks.
3. For other in-kind donations, you must list our name and/or logo as participating sponsors wherever applicable.
Please fill out the form at the link below and we’d be happy to review your request!
Community Member Spotlight
The MassArt Police spend a month raising money for Breast Cancer and create awareness with their pink badge campaign. To raise even more money they have an ice cream social at the end of the month. They wear the patches on their uniforms for the entire month of October, Breast "Cancer Awareness Month" to create awareness and stimulate conversation with the community and encourage awareness and importance of early detection.
Community Member Highlight
Rosie's Place 2019 Sock Drive
Rosie's Place was founded in 1974 as the first women’s shelter in the United States. Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that helps poor and homeless women maintain their dignity, seek opportunity and find security in their lives.
Today, Rosie’s Place not only provides meals and shelter but also creates answers for 12,000 women a year through wide-ranging support, housing and education services. Rosie’s Place relies solely on the generous support of individuals, foundations and corporations and does not accept any city, state or federal funding. Thanks to these donations, 83 cents of every dollar raised goes directly to services for poor and homeless women.
J.P. Licks teamed with Rosie's Place in February, 2020 to collect socks from our customers as socks need to be donated in new condition and shelters are perpetually short on this essential clothing item. In exchange for donating new socks, customers received coupons to use on subsequent visits.